Rare sighting confirmed
The fabled Amarok V6 W580X, an off-road beast too rowdy for the road, has made its escape and is running wild. Born of a unique collaboration between Volkswagen and performance leaders Walkinshaw, the W580X off-road was once thought too tough to be real. Now, it’s out there.
Vehicle fitted with optional accessories, sold separately.
Spotted in the wild
Stories have been told of the Amarok W580X’s stunning off-road ability. The Amarok W580X’s 4x4 tuning means it can deliver smooth and strong power to all four wheels. Custom 18-inch forged alloy wheels with high-grip Pirelli Scorpion AT-Plus tyres mean maximum torque is transferred from engine to the trail.
Back of beyond? This is the off-road ute you’ll want
The beast within
Walkinshaw performance and Volkswagen style combine to produce an off-road powerhouse.Book a Test Drive
Built like the proverbial
Hear that sound? That’s the Amarok V6 W580X beating its way through bushland. With its aggressive stance, completely redesigned front bumper, wheel arch flares, bonnet protector, air intake grille and unique Walkinshaw decals, the W580X is built to conquer..
Feel it to comprehend it
With 200kW of power on Overboost, 580Nm of torque and 3.5-tonne braked towing capacity, the performance of the W580X is almost mythical. Fire up the engine, head for the trail and you’ll soon believe the mighty legend of the Amarok V6 W580X.
The Amarok V6 W580X rides on Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus tyres that wrap around custom 18-inch forged alloy wheels to provide outstanding traction no matter the surface or driving conditions.
The calm within
You won’t find many savage beasts that have this level of cabin utility and refinement. Enjoy maximum comfort with heated art velour seats as standard and unique Walkinshaw – branded headrests and floormats. Or upgrade to luxury and comfort with 14 way adjustable Ergo Comfort heated front seats in Vienna Leather3.
Let it breathe
With the optional snorkel fitted to the Amarok W580X the air intake is raised meaning you can get through deeper water without damaging the engine.
Off the beaten track
Be confident off-road in the Amarok V6 W580X with technology and safety features you can rely on.
Born to entertain
Boasting a crystal clear colour touch screen, the optional Discover Media Navigation system in the W580X has everything you need to keep you and your passengers entertained with the latest multimedia functions, including App-Connect4 and Bluetooth®.
Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and off-road ABS
Experience complete control with the Amarok V6 W‑Series built-in Electronic Stabilisation Programme. Trained to prevent understeer or oversteer, the ESP kicks in if you start to skid, helping to apply the brakes to individual wheels and adjusting the engine’s power output to correct the problem.
When new paths need to be forged and you head off-road, the ABS can reduce the stopping distance on loose surfaces at the press of a button. When this is activated, the wheels lock up in a controlled manner so that gravel or sand from the ground build up in front of each wheel, reducing the stopping distance.5
A protective nature
The Multi-Collision Brake system applies the brakes to slow the vehicle to 10km/h when airbag sensors detect a collision, so that a secondary impact will be lessened or avoided. During braking, the hazard and brake lights are illuminated and remain activated. The driver can take over at any time.5
Steady as you go
Trailer Stabilisation complements the Electronic Stabilisation Program. If your trailer starts to fluctuate heavily, the system slows it down through controlled braking and reduced engine torque – steadying the trailer and increasing driving safety.5
Amarok W‑Series accessories
A little more won't hurt. Add even more function to your new vehicle with a selection of accessories.
Amarok Electric Brake Controller kit
Amarok Electric Brake Controller kit
Enjoy safe towing and braking with trailers, camper/caravan trailers and boat trailers. Two types of braking: proportional mode (inertia sensing) for highway conditions and user controlled model for off-road driving.
1. Amarok electric roll cover7
The Amarok electric roll cover with built-in LED light, advanced water drainage, and open/close function at the touch of a button will mean that your cargo is easily accessible.
2. Amarok roll cover7
The Amarok roll cover hard lid brings a new level of versatility and practicality to your cargo area. With multiple opening positions and integrated side channels allowing easy and secure installation of the cargo carriers.
3. Soft tonneau cover
The Volkswagen Amarok soft tonneau cover offers protection from the elements while ensuring you can access your load with ease.
See the world at different angles
From steep slopes to rushing streams, the Amarok's got it covered. It handles 45° inclines, has a maximum slope angle of 29.5° at the front and 18.0° at the rear, and can handle pools with a wading depth of 500mm. The Amarok's broad wheelbase provides enormous stability, even when driving along slopes with a 50° incline*.
Load capacity: 75kg.
Amarok Towbar kit
As robust as the Amarok itself. The Amarok towbar has been perfectly designed and engineered to integrate with the Amarok chassis.
- Amarok V6 Automatic – 3.5 tonnes braked, 300kg towball load limit.
- Amarok V6 Manual – 3 tonnes braked 300kg towball load limit.
- Amarok 4 Cylinder – 3 tonnes braked 300kg towball load limit.
Please refer to the owners manual or vehicle specifications for towing capacities8.
Volkswagen Terms & Conditions +
- 1. on Overboost
- 2. Please note figures are sourced from overseas data where equipment levels by model variant may vary.
- 3. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather.
- 4. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately)
- 5. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
- 6. Overseas models may be shown for illustrative purposes only. Please note that the above accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional item, at extra cost. For a full range of Volkswagen Genuine Accessories, please visit an authorised Volkswagen Dealer.
- 7. For Amaroks fitted with factory styling bars the Amarok Premium Roll Cover can only be purchased in conjunction with a Sports bar adaptor kit. Items such as sports equipment and tablets are shown for illustration purposes only and are not available for purchase from Volkswagen Group Australia or its Dealers.
- 8. Towing capacities are applicable to Volkswagen Genuine Accessory Tow Bar. Towing capacity figures are maximum figures and actual towing capacity depends on factors including the laden mass of the vehicle, driving conditions and fitment of any accessories. Volkswagen Group Australia does not endorse or will not be held liable for any claim, loss or damage arising from the use or fitment of electronic trailer brakes.